Angel Construction and Foundation Repair specialize in helping Houston homeowners with slab on grade foundations, pier and beam foundation repair, house leveling, block & base and mobile home leveling. The company has the experience and equipment to assist residential property owners resolve foundation problems. Call 713-489-1108 to schedule your free evaluation.
Pier & Beam Foundation Repair Houston
The most commonly-constructed foundation systems include a concrete slab-on-grade. Successful design of all these foundations is predicated on detailing a slab stiff enough to counteract the effects of soil movement. As the soil expands or contracts, a well-designed slab will withstand the pressures created by the soil movement, and substantially maintain its initial geometry. The structure above will remain intact and will be spared the defects commonly associated with foundation movement.
Stiffening the slab is effectively accomplished by the placement of stiffening ribs, known as grade beams (because they are formed by trenching the grade). The result is that a waffle-like grid is created under the slab that considerably enhances the slab performance. (source: Houston Business Journal)
Pier and Beam
Building houses with pier and beam foundations is fairly common in and around Houston and Southeast Texas areas. These type home foundations are considered to be generally stable. Such is life, even pier & beam foundations require foundation repairs on occasion and requires the services of an experienced professional.
Commonly Recognized Problems With Pier And Beam Foundations Include:
- Sagging floors and shifting beams. When your structure is sinking or settling, all kinds of problems develop. One solution: Install shims, piers and foundation supports.
- Tilting piers and building issues. This can contribute to foundation failure because it can cause your beams to move. One good solution: Stabilize all foundation piers.
- Concrete piers are collapsing. This will make your foundation uneven and cause cracking in beams and your foundation. One solution: Adjust concrete piers to stabilize your structure.
- Cracking exterior piers. Door frames that can get out of kilter because piers have given way or beams are moving. This is a normal drawback to these foundations and the issue is regularly solved by installing shims and new beams. One solution: Replace exterior piers.
- Poor construction. Unfortunately, we’re very familiar with this problem in pier and beam structures. One solution: Raise your foundation and joists.
- A damp crawlspace. Pier and beam houses ordinarily have moisture problems. When complications such as this arise. One solution: Perform foundation drainage correction service.
- Mold and mildew in beams. This is a very common form of trouble that ruin your wooden beam and joists.One solution: Extract the wooden members and replace them. Shimming will also be needed on these buildings.
(source: HD Foundations)
Some of the Houston Areas We Covers:
Fast and Reliable Contractor Solutions in Pasadena, Houston Heights, Katy, Memorial, Spring, Missouri City, Richmond, Rosenberg, League City, Friendswood, Pearland, Deer Park, Monstrose, Clear Lake, Dickinson, Texas City, Channelview, La Porte, Baytown, Atascocita, Humble, The Woodlands, Tomball, Cypress, Cinco Ranch, Jersey Village, Magnolia, Conroe, Sugar Land, Fort Bend County, Harris County, Galveston and Beaumont.
From crack slab repair to brick restoration and repair. We have your needs and neighborhood covered. We are ready to earn your business.Call 713-489-1108 for a no obligation free estimate. Find out what may be causing the slab damage problems.
Arm yourself with information and how much to budget to make the repairs now or in the future.
Our customers love the quality of professional work we provide and we always complete our work on-time and within budget.
Slab Foundation Problems?
Get a FREE Quote. Save with us!
Affordable and Dependable
Don’t ignore the warning signs. Instead give us a call to help you analyze the problems and discuss a possible solution.